In #Mumbaiphotohunt Alliance Française de Bombay art bandraworlisealink creative dhobighaat Et moi gatewayofindia india Jacques Dutronc mumbai photography placestovisitinmumbai poem tourism travel

Mumbai, me, myself and I


Twelve Million Mumbaikars,
And me, myself and I;
Left with my brothers DSLR,
For my first professional try.

Thousands of sightseers,
And me, myself and I;
Look this magnificent structure,
Look at the cars on it go by.
I look at it with wonder,
It was once just a dream of someone like me and you;
In Mumbai there is this magic
Mumbai makes dreams come true!

Hundreds of tourists,
And me, myself and I;
Flock around the Gateway,
With birds flying high.
They live in the heart of a busy street,
Upon an unknown hand they perch;
It’s because they feel safe;
It’s because in Mumbai, trust is something they don’t need to search.

Many unknown faces,
And me, myself and I;
Took off to an unknown place - the Dhobi Ghat,
Not knowing where, how or why.
I clicked away to my hearts glory,
Mumbai just showed me a brand new story.
This time it was about me, 
Something I otherwise would not have seen.
It gave me confidence, it gave me belief,
Thank you Mumbai, the inspiration will forever be with me.

Theme by - Alliance Française de Bombay for the #mumbaiphotohunt
Inspiration - French song ‘Et moi, Et moi, Et moi’ by Jacques Dutronc.


Brief -
Since the theme was Me, Myself and I; I decided to take my chance on getting to know the city with just myself, my thoughts and my brothers DSLR.

I got on a train to one of the most photographed structures of the city, the Bandra Worli Sea Link. When I looked at it from the Bandra Fort, I did not see just a bridge but how ones dream become a reality. No wonder so many people migrate to Mumbai to start their career. Hence I searched for an image, asked a friend from around to get me a print out from his home and got him to hold it for me.
The sketch represents the dream on paper while the physical structure represents it coming true.


Along with a print out of the sea-Link I asked him to bring one of the Gateway of India, my next stop. Though we tried again and again, I just wasn’t satisfied. I knew there was more to the place than that. I did a little recce and saw a lot of pigeon’s right in the center of the busy street. They must have known they were safe. It was beautiful to see them come along and perch for a while, and I knew they definitely knew they could trust us.




















As my friend took off to work, I decided to go out of my comfort zone to an unknown place in search of a different side of Mumbai. I looked up places in Mumbai and found Dhobi Ghaat, a place I have never seen before. It was intimidating at the time but I knew it would be a good adventure. I just began clicking around and saw a man washing clothes; thought I could click it. And I could not have been happier. The outcome made me extremely happy and I believe that I have found a new level of confidence in myself and my hobby.


Instead of me realizing a new side to the city, Mumbai helped me unravel a new side to me.


Related Articles

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME neha ..... hope i will get some chance to work with you ..... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome neha...I am just here for appreciation.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Home Ads

Instagram

Press